Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Association of Strabismus With Functional Vision in Children
- Prevalence of Myopia in Children and Their Parents in a Hong Kong Chinese Population
- Eye Care Among US Adults at High Risk for Vision Loss
- Orthokeratology in Children With Myopic Anisometropia
- Maternal Gestational Hypertension and Decreased Retinal Thickness in Preschool Offspring
- Pediatric Diabetic Retinopathy Telescreening
- Medication Adherence and Visual Field Progression in Patients With Glaucoma
- Ophthalmological Findings in Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Information and Support Needs of Patients With Glaucoma
- Real-World Treatment Patterns of Cyclosporine Ophthalmic Emulsion and Lifitegrast Ophthalmic Solution for Dry Eye