Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- An Approach to Mild Traumatic Brain Injury for Optometrists
- An Overview of Vision-Related Learning Problems
- Baseline and Clinical Factors Associated With Response to Amblyopia Treatment
- Practical Considerations for Low Vision Rehabilitation
- Current Concepts in Amblyopia Management
- Benefits of Blinking Exercises in Dry Eye Disease
- The Impact of the SEE Personalized Glaucoma Coaching Pilot Study on Glaucoma Medication Adherence
- A New Clinical Pathway for Identifying Non-Responders to Glaucoma Eye Drops
- Gene Therapy for Treating Inherited Retinal Disease
- Stereopsis and Surgical Timing in Infantile Esotropia