Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Factors Associated With Impaired Motor Skills in Strabismic and Anisometropic Children
- Reflexive Fusional Vergence and Its Plasticity Are Impaired in Convergence Insufficiency
- Immunomodulatory Therapy in Noninfectious Uveitis During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Intravitreal Dexamethasone Implant 1 Month Before vs Concomitant With Cataract Surgery in DME
- Digital Screen Time During COVID-19 Pandemic: Risk for a Further Myopia Boom?
- Low-Power Convex Lenses for Eye Strain in the Digital Age
- Optometric Care of the Patient With Special Needs
- Current Perspectives on Dry Eye
- Current Concepts in Myopia
- Do Slit-Lamp Shields and Face Masks Protect Ophthalmologists Amid COVID-19?