Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Pediatric Myopia Progression
- Handheld RETeval ERG System in Healthy Adults and Children
- Retinal Vascular Manifestations of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
- Methods for Measuring Cyclodeviation
- 2020 Top Stories in Eye Care: Digital Screen Time During COVID-19 Pandemic and Myopia in Children
- Central Visual Field Defects in Patients With Distinct Glaucomatous Optic Disc Phenotypes
- Depressive Symptoms in Patients With Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Detection of Glaucoma Deterioration in the Macular Region With Optical Coherence Tomography
- Multidisciplinary Management of Autoimmune Ocular Diseases
- Patients Wearing Face Masks During Intravitreal Injections May Be at Higher Risk of Endophthalmitis