Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Healthcare Utilization and Characteristics of Patients With Functional Visual Loss
- Trabeculectomy With Tenon Advancement Technique May Reduce Bleb-Related Infections
- Comparing the Accuracy of Peripapillary OCT and Visual Field Test in Detecting Glaucoma Worsening
- Risk Factors for Vision Loss and Multiple Recurrences in Eyes With Myopic Macular Neovascularization
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Patients With Ocular Neuromyotonia
- Characterizing Early Residual Fluid in Patients With Neovascular AMD Using Machine Learning in Routine Clinical Practice
- 2022 Top Story in Pediatric Eye Care
- Factors Associated With Reduced Visual Acuity in Patients With Myopia After Optical Correction
- Efficacy of Spectacle Lenses With Highly Aspherical Lenslets in Slowing the Progression of Myopia
- Outcomes of Eye-Tracking–Based Dichoptic Home Treatment in Children With Amblyopia