Leonard J. Press OD, FAAO, FCOVDPress Consulting, PC
Leonard J. Press, OD, is a graduate of the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Elkins Park, Pennsylvania, and he completed his residency at the college's Eye Institute in Philadelphia. He was recruited to the State University of New York's College of Optometry in New York City, where he served as Chief of the Vision Therapy Service and as an associate professor. He is currently an independent optometric consultant in Lakewood, New Jersey.
Dr. Press is the author of more than 100 articles, 3 textbooks, 3 monographs. He is a Fellow of the College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) and a Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He has twice been the recipient of the Scientific Achievement Award from the New Jersey Society of Optometric Physicians (NJSOP). Dr. Press has served as President of COVD and of the NJSOP. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal Vision Development & Rehabilitation.
Dr. Press has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- The Ocular Surface Frailty Index as a Predictor of Ocular Surface Symptoms Onset After Cataract Surgery
- Automated Diagnosis and Measurement of Strabismus in Children
- Phase II Report: Low-Concentration Atropine for Myopia Progression (LAMP) Study
- 10-Year Trends in English Primary Care Glaucoma Prescribing
- Older Drivers' Self-Reported Vision-Related Night-Driving Difficulties and Performance
- How Does Spending Time Outdoors Protect Against Myopia?
- Artificial Intelligence Classification of Central Visual Field Patterns in Glaucoma
- Femtosecond Laser–Assisted Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty
- Protective Behaviours of Near Work and Time Outdoors in Myopia Prevalence and Progression in Myopic Children
- 2019 Top Stories in Eye Care: On Transferring From Pharmaceutical to Rehabilitative Management of Anisometropic Amblyopia