Patrick Y. Wen MDDirector, Center for Neuro-Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Director, Division of Cancer Neurology, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts
Dr. Patrick Wen is Director of the Center for Neuro-Oncology at Dana-Farber Cancer Institute and Director of the Division of Cancer Neurology in the Department of Neurology at Brigham and Women’s Hospital. He is Professor of Neurology at Harvard Medical School.
After receiving his medical degree from the Medical College of St. Bartholomew's Hospital, University of London, Dr. Wen underwent residency training at Harvard Longwood Neurology Training Program, and completed his clinical and research fellowship in neurology at the Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women's Hospital, in Boston, Massachusetts.
Dr Wen is a former President of the Society for Neuro-Oncology (SNO). Dr. Wen is a fellow in the Royal College of Physicians, the Royal Society of Medicine, the American Academy of Neurology, and the American Neurological Association. He is also a member of a number of other professional organizations, including the British Medical Association, American Neurological Association, Society for Neuro-Oncology, and American Society of Clinical Oncology, among others. He sits on the editorial boards of various publications, was Editor-in-Chief of Neuro-Oncology, and is currently the SNO Executive Editor.
Dr. Wen’s research focuses on novel treatments for brain tumors and optimizing response assessment and clinical trial endpoints in neuro-oncology. He is Co–Principal Investigator of the Adult Brain Tumor Consortium and a member of the steering committee of the Response Assessment in Neuro-Oncology (RANO) Working Group. He has published and presented his research widely.
Director, Center for Neuro-Oncology, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute; Director, Division of Cancer Neurology, Department of Neurology, Brigham and Women’s Hospital; Professor of Neurology, Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts. Editor-in Chief, Neuro-Oncology.
MD: Medical College of St. Bartholomew's Hospital, University of London, England
Fellowship (neurology): Center for Neurologic Diseases, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Research Interests:Novel treatments for brain tumors
Patrick Wen, MD, is a member of the Speaker’s Bureau for Merck and Prime Oncology.
Patrick Wen, MD, serves as a consultant/advisory board member for Agios, Astra Zeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Immunomic Therapeutics, Karyopharm, Kiyatec, Puma, Taiho, Vascular Biogenics, Deciphera, and VBI Vaccines.
Patrick Wen, MD, received research support from Agios, Astra Zeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Immunomic Therapeutics, Karyopharm, Kiyatec, Puma, Taiho, Vascular Biogenics, Deciphera, and VBI Vaccines.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- ANG1005 Shows Activity in Patients With Breast Cancer With Leptomeningeal Carcinomatosis and Recurrent Brain Metastases
- EGFR Amplification Induces Increased DNA Damage Response and Renders Selective Sensitivity to Talazoparib in Glioblastoma
- PARP Inhibitors Restore Temozolomide Sensitivity in MMR-Deficient Glioblastoma Independent of Base Excision Repair
- Bevacizumab Reduces Permeability and Concurrent Temozolomide Delivery in a Subset of Patients With Recurrent Glioblastoma
- Molecular Evolution of IDH Wild-Type Glioblastomas Treated With Standard of Care Affects Survival and Design of Precision Medicine Trials
- Longitudinal Molecular Trajectories of Diffuse Glioma in Adults
- Acupuncture for Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy in Breast Cancer Survivors
- Synaptic Proximity Enables NMDAR Signaling to Promote Brain Metastasis
- A Bioprinted Human Glioblastoma-on-a-Chip for the Identification of Patient-Specific Responses to Chemoradiotherapy
- An Integrative Model of Cellular States, Plasticity, and Genetics for Glioblastoma