Paul B. Freeman OD, FAAO, FCOVDChief, Low Vision Rehabilitation Services, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Clinical Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry, San Antonio, Texas
Dr. Paul B. Freeman graduated from the Pennsylvania College of Optometry in Philadelphia. He is currently the Chief of Low Vision Rehabilitation Services at Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. He has been an investigator in a number of vision research projects to determine the efficacy of sophisticated low vision devices, to assess the psychological implications of low vision, and to explore the relationship of vision and the learning process. Dr. Freeman is a Clinical Professor at the University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry in San Antonio, Texas. His practice interests include care of patients with visual impairment, traumatic brain injury, and learning-related vision problems.
Dr. Freeman is a fellow of the American Academy of Optometry and a Diplomate in Low Vision. He is also a Fellow in the College of Optometrists in Vision Development and a Fellow in the National Academy of Practice in Optometry. Dr. Freeman lectures both nationally and internationally, and in 2012 was involved in AARPs Smart Driver training videos. Dr. Freeman has authored numerous articles and book chapters, co-authored the book The Art and Practice of Low Vision and served as the editor of Optometry, Journal of the American Optometric Association from February 1999 to June 2012 and is Editor-in-Chief of Optometric Clinical Practice.
Chief, Low Vision Rehabilitation Services, Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Clinical Professor, University of the Incarnate Word, Rosenberg School of Optometry, San Antonio, Texas
OD: Pennsylvania College of Optometry, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Visual impairment; traumatic brain injury; learning-related vision problems
Paul Freeman, OD, FAAO, FCOVD, does not currently serve as a paid consultant to any ophthalmic industry, has no financial disclosures to make, and is not a member of any corporate speakers bureau.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Progressive Cone and Cone–Rod Dystrophies
- Long-Term Visual Outcomes and Causes of Vision Loss in Chronic Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
- Risk Factors for Nonarteritic Anterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy in the Fellow Eye
- Maternal Smoking During Pregnancy and the Risk of Strabismus in Offspring
- Predictors of Falls Per Step and Falls Per Year in Patients With Glaucoma
- Immediate vs Delayed Spectacles for Moderate Hyperopia in 1- and 2-Year-Olds
- Hypotensive Efficacy of Topical Brimonidine for IOP Spikes Post Intravitreal Anti-VEGF Injections
- Assessment of Postoperative Morphologic Retinal Changes by OCT in Recipients of an Electronic Retinal Prosthesis Implant
- Cyclosporine A Cationic Emulsion for Pediatric Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- Oculomotor Response to Cumulative Subconcussive Head Impacts in US High School Football Players