Myron Yanoff MDProfessor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Ophthalmology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Myron Yanoff received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in Philadelphia. He completed residency training in both pathology and ophthalmology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington, DC. He also undertook a retinal fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Yanoff is Chair Emeritus of the Department of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. Formerly, he was Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology of the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the Scheie Eye Institute.
Board-certified in both ophthalmology and pathology, Dr. Yanoff has published over 190 scientific articles and authored, coauthored, or edited over 45 textbooks in the field of ophthalmology and ocular pathology. In 1988, he received one of the highest honors in American science—the Senior Distinguished U.S. Scientist Award (Humboldt Research Award).
Professor and Chair Emeritus of the Department of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BA University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (pathology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (ophthalmology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fellowship (ophthalmic pathology): Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
Fellowship (retina service): Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
DisclosuresDr. Yanoff has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Seasonal, Geographic, and Antimicrobial Resistance Patterns in Microbial Keratitis
- 2014 Top Stories in Eye Care: Ocular Retinoblastoma
- Need for Close Follow-Up After Removal of a Noncomplicated Corneal Foreign Body
- MY APPROACH to Glaucoma Screening in the Public Arena
- Frequently Asked Questions in Eye Care: Cataract Surgery
- 2013 Top Stories in Eye Care: Cataract Surgery
- Treating Conjunctivitis: A Good Exam Is the First Step
- Hemodialysis Heightens Risk of Glaucoma
- Recommended Abstracts From the 2013 AAO Meeting—Refractive Surgery
- Are Cataracts Associated With Osteoporosis?