Myron Yanoff MDProfessor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Ophthalmology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Myron Yanoff received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in Philadelphia. He completed residency training in both pathology and ophthalmology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington, DC. He also undertook a retinal fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Yanoff is Chair Emeritus of the Department of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. Formerly, he was Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology of the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the Scheie Eye Institute.
Board-certified in both ophthalmology and pathology, Dr. Yanoff has published over 190 scientific articles and authored, coauthored, or edited over 45 textbooks in the field of ophthalmology and ocular pathology. In 1988, he received one of the highest honors in American science—the Senior Distinguished U.S. Scientist Award (Humboldt Research Award).
Professor and Chair Emeritus of the Department of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BA University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (pathology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (ophthalmology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fellowship (ophthalmic pathology): Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
Fellowship (retina service): Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
DisclosuresDr. Yanoff has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Risk Factors for Retinal Artery Occlusion in Cardiac Surgery
- Population Study Data for Ocular Trauma in United States
- 2016 Top Stories in Eye Care: Retinal Toxicity Screening
- Preoperative Macular SD-OCT in Patients Considering Advanced-Technology IOLs for Cataract Surgery
- Acanthamoeba Keratitis in Rigid Gas-Permeable Contact Lens Wearers
- Visual Loss in Childhood Optic Gliomas Improved With Nerve Growth Factor
- Incorporating Health-Related Quality of Life Into the Assessment of Outcome Following Strabismus Surgery
- 2015 Top Stories in Eye Care: Low Luminance Deficit, Night Vision Symptoms, and Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- 2015 Top Stories in Eye Care: Diabetic Eye Examination Adherence
- Trabeculectomy With Mitomycin-C in Glaucoma Secondary to Iridocorneal Endothelial Syndrome