Myron Yanoff MDProfessor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Ophthalmology, Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Myron Yanoff received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in Philadelphia. He completed residency training in both pathology and ophthalmology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington, DC. He also undertook a retinal fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Yanoff is Chair Emeritus of the Department of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia. Formerly, he was Chairman of the Department of Ophthalmology of the University of Pennsylvania and Director of the Scheie Eye Institute.
Board-certified in both ophthalmology and pathology, Dr. Yanoff has published over 190 scientific articles and authored, coauthored, or edited over 45 textbooks in the field of ophthalmology and ocular pathology. In 1988, he received one of the highest honors in American science—the Senior Distinguished U.S. Scientist Award (Humboldt Research Award).
Professor and Chair Emeritus of the Department of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BA University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (pathology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (ophthalmology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fellowship (ophthalmic pathology): Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
Fellowship (retina service): Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
DisclosuresDr. Yanoff has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Neurodevelopmental Outcomes Following Intravitreal Bevacizumab Therapy for Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Maternal Smoking During Pregnancy and the Risk of Strabismus in Offspring
- Predictors of Falls Per Step and Falls Per Year in Patients With Glaucoma
- Cyclosporine A Cationic Emulsion for Pediatric Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis
- 2018 Top Stories in Eye Care: The Treatment of Myopia
- Association of Cataract Surgical Outcomes With Late Surgeon Career Stages
- AAO 2018: Recommendations From Dr. Myron Yanoff
- Glaucomatous Visual Field Loss and Its Impact on Driving Difficulty and Cessation
- Significance of Environmental Factors in the Development of Myopia in Children
- CRISPR-Cas9 Genome Engineering: Treating Inherited Retinal Degeneration