Myron Yanoff MDProfessor and Chair Emeritus, Department of Ophthalmology, Drexel University College of Medicine; Adjunct Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania; Former Director, Scheie Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Myron Yanoff received his medical degree from the University of Pennsylvania Medical School in Philadelphia. He completed residency training in both pathology and ophthalmology at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, followed by a fellowship in ophthalmic pathology at the Armed Forces Institute of Pathology in Washington, DC. He also undertook a retinal fellowship at Wills Eye Hospital in Philadelphia. Dr. Yanoff is Chair Emeritus of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine in Philadelphia and Adjunct Professor of Ophthalmology at the University of Pennsylvania. Formerly, he was Director of the Scheie Eye Institute.
Board-certified in both ophthalmology and pathology, Dr. Yanoff has published over 190 scientific articles and authored, coauthored, or edited over 50 textbooks in the field of ophthalmology and ocular pathology. In 1988, he received one of the highest honors in American science—the Senior Distinguished U.S. Scientist Award (Humboldt Research Award).
Chair Emeritus of Ophthalmology at Drexel University College of Medicine; Adjunct Professor, Department of Ophthalmology, University of Pennsylvania; Former Director Scheie Eye Institute, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
BA University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (pathology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Residency (ophthalmology): Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Fellowship (ophthalmic pathology): Armed Forces Institute of Pathology, Washington, DC
Fellowship (retina service): Wills Eye Hospital, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Yanoff has no disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2022 Top Story in Eye Care: Eye Health During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 2021 Top Story in Eye Care: COVID-19 Revisited
- Structural and Functional Damage of the Inner Retina in Diabetes With No Diabetic Retinopathy
- 2020 Top Stories in Eye Care: Top Ten Stories in COVID-19
- Myron Yanoff: Ophthalmic Pathology Over the Years
- My Approach to Narrow-Angle Attacks in Glaucoma
- Perspectives on Surgery Versus Medical Management in Treatment-Naïve Glaucoma Patients
- Prevalence of Myopia in Children and Their Parents in a Hong Kong Chinese Population
- OCT Structural Abnormality Detection in Glaucoma Using Topographically Correspondent Rim and RNFL Criteria
- 2019 Top Stories in Eye Care: Ophthalmologist Choice of IOL for Themselves