Eliot N. Mostow MD, MPHProfessor and Chair, Dermatology Section, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED), Rootstown, Ohio; Associate Professor, Clinical Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio; Co-Founder, Multidisciplinary Wound Care Clinic, Akron General Medical Center; Founder, Akron Dermatology Inc, Akron, Ohio
Dr. Eliot Mostow is Professor and Head of the Dermatology Section at Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) in Rootstown, Ohio. He serves as an Associate Clinical Professor in the Department of Dermatology at Case Western Reserve College of Medicine in Cleveland, Ohio. He is also the founder of Akron Dermatology providing clinical care to the community and medical education to students and residents. Akron Dermatology is staffed by three board-certified dermatologists and includes Dr. Mostow along with Drs. Jacqueline Graham and Raj Patel.
After receiving his medical degree from The Ohio State University College of Medicine in Columbus, Ohio, Dr. Mostow completed an internship in internal medicine/pediatrics at Ohio State University Hospital and Columbus Children's Hospital. He received a master of public health degree from The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland, and, from there, he served as a medical staff fellow in the Public Health Service Epidemiology Training Program at the National Cancer Institute Division of Cancer Prevention and Control in Bethesda, Maryland. He then completed his dermatology residency and served as Chief Resident in the Department of Dermatology at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where he served as a clinical coordinator in the Multidisciplinary Melanoma Clinic.
Dr. Mostow has published widely, and has presented at numerous national meetings. Besides work in clinical epidemiology and medical education, he has also made the care of patients with chronic wounds, prevention of errors in medicine, and access to quality care in medicine a passion over 30 years in dermatology practice.
Head, Dermatology Section, Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED); Professor, Northeast Ohio Medical University, Dermatology Section, Rootstown, Ohio; Associate Professor, Clinical Medicine, Department of Dermatology, Case Western Reserve College of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio; Master Teacher and Past Chair of the Master Teacher Guild, NEOMED; past-President, Akron Dermatology, Akron, Ohio
MD: The Ohio State University College of Medicine, Columbus, Ohio
MPH: The Johns Hopkins School of Hygiene and Public Health, Baltimore, Maryland
Residencies: Internal medicine/pediatrics, Ohio State University Hospital/Columbus Children's Hospital; Dermatology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
PHS Epidemiology Training Program, National Cancer Institute, Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Bethesda, Maryland
DisclosuresDr. Mostow has been on the Advisory Board of Vivacare.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Assessment of Comorbidities Associated With Allergic Contact Dermatitis in the United States
- 2022 Top Story in Dermatology: Access to Care and Delivery of Effective, Efficient Care
- Association Between Electronic Cigarette Use and Cutaneous Wound Healing
- Racial and Ethnic Differences in Barriers to Care Among US Adults With Chronic Inflammatory Skin Diseases
- Support Provided by Dermatological Nurses Improves Outcomes in Patients With Psoriasis Treated Topically
- Factors Associated With Dermatologic Follow-Up vs Emergency Department Return in Patients With Hidradenitis Suppurativa After an Initial Emergency Department Visit
- Potential Allergens in Wound Care Products
- Addition of a Monkeypox Registry to the AAD/ILDS COVID-19 Registry
- The Toll of Technology Use From the Physiologic and Psychologic Perspective
- Longitudinal Course and Predictors of Depressive Symptoms in Atopic Dermatitis