Peter Lin MD, CCFPDirector, Primary Care Initiatives, Canadian Heart Research Centre, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Peter Lin began his studies in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario. Midway through, he moved to the Faculty of Medicine, where he completed his studies and became involved in research. Over the years, it became apparent to him that there was a wide chasm between research and clinical practice, and he moved into clinical practice in primary care and eventually into teaching in order to help bridge this gap. He served as the medical director at the Health & Wellness Centre, University of Toronto Scarborough, for 7 years.
Currently, Dr. Peter Lin is the Director of Primary Care Initiatives at the Canadian Heart Research Centre. He is also a contributing author to the Canadian Diabetes Guidelines 2013 and 2018 on the vascular protection section. He is also Associate Editor for the Elsevier WebPortal - PracticeUpdate Primary Care. He lectures and speaks internationally on a variety of topics. Dr. Lin has worked with KDIGO in order to help improve care for CKD patients. He has also been tracking and providing information on COVID-19 to the public since the beginning of the pandemic. Dr. Lin received a teaching award from the College of Family Physicians in 2011.
DisclosuresDr. Lin has consulted with the following companies on Continuing Medical Education programs:
Astrazeneca, Boeringher Ingelheim, Bayer, Eli Lilly, Amgen, Janssen, Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi, Abbott, HLS Therapeutics Inc.
No clinical trials. No patents.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Management of Hyperglycemia in Type 2 Diabetes: A Consensus Report by ADA and EASD
- Clinical and Genetic Risk Factors for Acute Incident VTE in Ambulatory Patients With COVID-19
- Long-Term Cardiac Pathology in Individuals With Mild Initial COVID-19
- Efficacy and Safety of a Bivalent Omicron-Containing Booster Vaccine Against COVID-19
- Effect of Statin Therapy on Muscle Symptoms
- Amitriptyline Supplemented With Pregabalin vs Pregabalin Supplemented With Amitriptyline vs Duloxetine Supplemented With Pregabalin for the Treatment of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathic Pain
- Polypill Strategy in Secondary Cardiovascular Prevention
- Association of Nirmatrelvir Use With Severe COVID-19 Outcomes During the Omicron Predominance
- Public Health Response to a Case of Paralytic Poliomyelitis in an Unvaccinated Person and Detection of Poliovirus in Wastewater
- Long-Term Trajectory of Cognitive Changes in Older Survivors of COVID-19 in Wuhan, China