Peter Lin MD, CCFPDirector, Primary Care Initiatives, Canadian Heart Research Centre, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Peter Lin began his studies in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario. Midway through, he moved to the Faculty of Medicine, where he completed his studies and became involved in research. Over the years, it became apparent to him that there was a wide chasm between research and clinical practice, and he moved into clinical practice in primary care and eventually into teaching in order to help bridge this gap. He served as the medical director at the Health & Wellness Centre, University of Toronto Scarborough, for 7 years.
Currently, Dr. Peter Lin is the Director of Primary Care Initiatives at the Canadian Heart Research Centre. He is also a contributing author to the Canadian Diabetes Guidelines 2013 and 2018 on the vascular protection section. He is also Associate Editor for the Elsevier WebPortal - PracticeUpdate Primary Care. He lectures and speaks internationally on a variety of topics. Dr. Lin has worked with KDIGO in order to help improve care for CKD patients. He has also been tracking and providing information on COVID-19 to the public since the beginning of the pandemic. Dr. Lin received a teaching award from the College of Family Physicians in 2011.
DisclosuresDr. Lin has consulted with the following companies on Continuing Medical Education programs:
Astrazeneca, Boeringher Ingelheim, Bayer, Eli Lilly, Amgen, Janssen, Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi, Abbott, HLS Therapeutics Inc.
No clinical trials. No patents.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Aspirin vs Clopidogrel for Chronic Maintenance Monotherapy After PCI: Long-Term Outcomes
- Paxlovid Use Is Associated With Decreased Hospitalization Rates Among Adults With COVID-19
- AGA Clinical Practice Guideline on Pharmacological Interventions for Adults With Obesity
- Impact of Diabetes on the Effects of Sodium Glucose Co-Transporter-2 Inhibitors on Kidney Outcomes
- 2022 Top Story in Primary Care: COVID-19 Is Not Just a Cold
- Major Adverse Cardiovascular and Limb Events in People With Diabetes Treated With GLP-1 Receptor Agonists vs SGLT2 Inhibitors
- Cardiovascular Outcomes of Evening vs Morning Dosing of Antihypertensives
- Association of Sleep With Cardiovascular Health
- Aspirin for Primary Prevention of CV Events in Relation to Lp(a) Genotypes
- Estimated Global Proportions of Individuals With Persistent Fatigue, Cognitive, and Respiratory Symptom Clusters Following Symptomatic COVID-19