Peter Lin MD, CCFPDirector, Primary Care Initiatives, Canadian Heart Research Centre, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Peter Lin began his studies in the Faculty of Science and Engineering at the University of Toronto in Toronto, Ontario. Midway through, he moved to the Faculty of Medicine, where he completed his studies and became involved in research. Over the years, it became apparent to him that there was a wide chasm between research and clinical practice, and he moved into clinical practice in primary care and eventually into teaching in order to help bridge this gap. He served as the medical director at the Health & Wellness Centre, University of Toronto Scarborough, for 7 years.
Currently, Dr. Peter Lin is the Director of Primary Care Initiatives at the Canadian Heart Research Centre. He is also a contributing author to the Canadian Diabetes Guidelines 2013 and 2018 on the vascular protection section. He is also Associate Editor for the Elsevier WebPortal - PracticeUpdate Primary Care. He lectures and speaks internationally on a variety of topics. Dr. Lin has worked with KDIGO in order to help improve care for CKD patients. He has also been tracking and providing information on COVID-19 to the public since the beginning of the pandemic. Dr. Lin received a teaching award from the College of Family Physicians in 2011.
DisclosuresDr. Lin has consulted with the following companies on Continuing Medical Education programs:
Astrazeneca, Boeringher Ingelheim, Bayer, Eli Lilly, Amgen, Janssen, Merck, Pfizer, Sanofi, Abbott, HLS Therapeutics Inc.
No clinical trials. No patents.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Differential Effect of Anticoagulation According to Cognitive Function and Frailty in Older Patients With Atrial Fibrillation
- Risk of Incident Diabetes After COVID-19 Infection
- Effect of a Longer Time in Blood Pressure Target Range on Cardiovascular Outcomes Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes
- Bempedoic Acid and Cardiovascular Outcomes in Statin-Intolerant Patients
- No Benefit Observed With Night-Time Dosing vs Morning Dosing for Antihypertensive Medications
- Association of Sleep Irregularity With Subclinical Markers of Cardiovascular Disease
- Myocardial Involvement After Hospitalization for COVID-19 Complicated by Troponin Elevation
- Synopsis of the KDIGO 2022 Clinical Practice Guideline Update on Diabetes Management in CKD
- Recurrence of Symptoms Following a 2-Day Symptom-Free Period in Patients With COVID-19
- Associations Between Extreme Temperatures and CV Cause–Specific Mortality