Peter Christian Albertsen MDProfessor of Surgery; Chief and Program Director, Division of Urology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, Connecticut
Dr. Peter Christian Albertsen is a professor of surgery and the division chief and residency program director at the University of Connecticut Health Center, in Farmington. He is also associate dean for Clinical Research Planning and Administration at the University of Connecticut. Dr. Albertsen received his medical degree from Columbia University in New York. He completed residency training at the Fifth (Harvard) Surgical Service, New England Deaconess Hospital, in Boston, Massachusetts, and at the Brady Urological Institute, Johns Hopkins Hospital, in Baltimore, Maryland. He was awarded a master’s degree in medical administration and preventive medicine at the University of Wisconsin in Madison.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- USPSTF 2012 Report on Prostate Cancer Screening Revisited
- Guidelines Against PSA Screening Associated With Decline in Prostate Biopsy and Radical Prostatectomy Volume
- Long-Term Prostate Cancer Mortality Rates Low Regardless of Therapy
- Increasing Incidence of Metastatic Prostate Cancer in the US
- Undertreatment of Men With High-Risk Nonmetastatic Prostate Cancer
- Active Surveillance Can Come Out of the Closet
- Extended Follow-Up and Risk Factors for Disease Reclassification in a Large Active Surveillance Cohort for Localized Prostate Cancer
- PSA Screening Comes Down to an Individual Decision
- Impact of the 2012 USPSTF Statement on PSA Screening: Analysis of Urologic and Primary Care Practices
- Treating Older Men With Newly Diagnosed Prostate Cancer: What's the Benefit? The Harm?