Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPMedical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee; Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
Lee S. Schwartzberg, MD, FACP, is the Medical Director of the West Cancer Center, a multispecialty oncology practice comprising over 60 medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, palliative care experts, radiologists and other oncology related physicians located in Memphis, Tennessee. In 2019, Dr. Schwartzberg became Chief Medical Officer for OneOncology, a national partnership of independent community oncology practices. He also serves as Professor of Medicine at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Schwartzberg received his medical degree from New York Medical College. After completing his internal medicine residency at Cornell University/North Shore University Hospital, Dr. Schwartzberg continued his training with a medical oncology and hematology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC). During his tenure at MSKCC, Dr. Schwartzberg served as Chief Medical Resident and was a founding member of the institutional ethics committee.
Dr. Schwartzberg specializes in the treatment of breast cancer, with a specific research focus on new therapeutic approaches, targeted therapy, and supportive care. Dr. Schwartzberg has published more than 240 peer reviewed articles in peer-reviewed journals, including Journal of Clinical Oncology, The Lancet Oncology, and Annals of Oncology.
Dr. Schwartzberg was the founding editor-in-chief of the journal Community Oncology and currently serves as the editor-in-chief of the PracticeUpdate Oncology website. He serves on the editorial board of both the Journal of Supportive Oncology and the ASCO Post, in addition to serving as a reviewer for many prominent medical journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine and Journal of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Schwartzberg served on the NCCN Board of Directors and the NCCN Guidelines Steering Committee for many years.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- FDA Approves Atezolizumab for PD-L1 Positive Unresectable Locally Advanced or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Sacituzumab Govitecan-hziy in Refractory Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Increasing the Dose Intensity of Chemotherapy by More Frequent Administration or Sequential Scheduling
- Olaparib vs Chemotherapy in Patients With a Germline BRCA Mutation and HER2-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Underdiagnosis of Hereditary Breast Cancer
- Trastuzumab Emtansine for Residual Invasive HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Lasofoxifene vs Fulvestrant for HR-Positive Breast Cancer
- Eflapegrastim for Reducing Severe Neutropenia
- 2018 Top Stories in Oncology: TAILORx Trial
- Prophylactic Irradiation to the Contralateral Breast for BRCA Mutation Carriers With Early Stage Breast Cancer