Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPChief, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Renown Institute for Cancer, and Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada
Dr. Schwartzberg is Chief, Medical Oncology and Hematology at the Renown Institute for Cancer and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno. He did his hematology/oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and spent three decades at West Cancer Center and Research Institute as Medical Director. He was Chief, Division of hematology/oncology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science center from 2012-2017.
In 2018, he became the founding Chief Medical Officer of OneOncology, a national oncology practice management company and served in that role through 2021. He previously served on the Board of Directors and the Guideline Steering Committee of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and participated in several guideline committees including breast cancer.
Dr. Schwartzberg has published nearly 300 peer reviewed manuscripts, book chapters and monographs. He is founding editor in chief of the Elsevier website PracticeUpdate Oncology and founding editor in chief of the journal Community Oncology. His research interests focus on breast cancer, supportive care, precision medicine and patient reported outcomes. Dr. Schwartzberg maintains a clinical practice in breast cancer.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
He is a consultant for Amgen, Pfizer, Helsinn, Genentech, BMS, Myriad, AstraZeneca, Spectrum, and Napo.
He is also on the advisory board for Genomic Health Research Funding (Institution): Amgen and DSMB: Bayer
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Cyclophosphamide-Free Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Ovarian Protection in Young Women With Breast Cancer
- Alpelisib Plus Fulvestrant in PIK3CA-Mutated, HR+ Advanced Breast Cancer After a CDK4/6 Inhibitor
- Correlative Biomarker Analysis of Intrinsic Subtypes and Efficacy Across the MONALEESA Studies
- Survival Outcomes Among Patients With Breast Cancer With Distant vs Ipsilateral Supraclavicular Lymph Node Metastases
- 70-Gene Signature as an Aid for Treatment Decisions in Early Breast Cancer
- Association of Risk-Reducing Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Breast Cancer Risk in Women With BRCA1 and BRCA2 Pathogenic Variants
- Association of Immunophenotype With pCR to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Adjuvant Pertuzumab and Trastuzumab in Early HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Risk Genes
- Genes Associated With Breast Cancer