Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPChief, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Renown Institute for Cancer, and Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada
Dr. Schwartzberg is Chief, Medical Oncology and Hematology at the Renown Institute for Cancer and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno. He did his hematology/oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and spent three decades at West Cancer Center and Research Institute as Medical Director. He was Chief, Division of hematology/oncology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science center from 2012-2017.
In 2018, he became the founding Chief Medical Officer of OneOncology, a national oncology practice management company and served in that role through 2021. He previously served on the Board of Directors and the Guideline Steering Committee of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and participated in several guideline committees including breast cancer.
Dr. Schwartzberg has published nearly 300 peer reviewed manuscripts, book chapters and monographs. He is founding editor in chief of the Elsevier website PracticeUpdate Oncology and founding editor in chief of the journal Community Oncology. His research interests focus on breast cancer, supportive care, precision medicine and patient reported outcomes. Dr. Schwartzberg maintains a clinical practice in breast cancer.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
He is a consultant for Amgen, Pfizer, Helsinn, Genentech, BMS, Myriad, AstraZeneca, Spectrum, and Napo.
He is also on the advisory board for Genomic Health Research Funding (Institution): Amgen and DSMB: Bayer
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Tesetaxel Plus Reduced-Dose Capecitabine Among Patients With HR+/HER2- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Top 5 Studies in Breast Cancer From ASCO 2021
- Neoadjuvant Trastuzumab, Pertuzumab, and Docetaxel vs T-DM1 in ERBB2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Measuring Ovarian Escape in Premenopausal ER-Positive Breast Cancer Patients on Ovarian Suppression Therapy
- Adjuvant Olaparib for Patients With BRCA1- or BRCA2-Mutated Breast Cancer
- Communicating With Patients and Family Members
- Prevalence of Pathogenic Variants in Cancer Susceptibility Genes in Black Women and Non-Hispanic White Women With Breast Cancer
- ASCO 2021: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Lee Schwartzberg for Breast Cancer
- Survival After Breast Conservation vs Mastectomy Adjusted for Comorbidity and Socioeconomic Status
- Grief Management for Healthcare Professionals