Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPMedical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee; Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
Lee S. Schwartzberg, MD, FACP, is the Medical Director of the West Cancer Center, a multispecialty oncology practice comprising over 60 medical oncologists, gynecologic oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists, palliative care experts, radiologists and other oncology related physicians located in Memphis, Tennessee. In 2019, Dr. Schwartzberg became Chief Medical Officer for OneOncology, a national partnership of independent community oncology practices. He also serves as Professor of Medicine at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center.
Dr. Schwartzberg received his medical degree from New York Medical College. After completing his internal medicine residency at Cornell University/North Shore University Hospital, Dr. Schwartzberg continued his training with a medical oncology and hematology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSKCC). During his tenure at MSKCC, Dr. Schwartzberg served as Chief Medical Resident and was a founding member of the institutional ethics committee.
Dr. Schwartzberg specializes in the treatment of breast cancer, with a specific research focus on new therapeutic approaches, targeted therapy, and supportive care. Dr. Schwartzberg has published more than 240 peer reviewed articles in peer-reviewed journals, including Journal of Clinical Oncology, The Lancet Oncology, and Annals of Oncology.
Dr. Schwartzberg was the founding editor-in-chief of the journal Community Oncology and currently serves as the editor-in-chief of the PracticeUpdate Oncology website. He serves on the editorial board of both the Journal of Supportive Oncology and the ASCO Post, in addition to serving as a reviewer for many prominent medical journals, including the New England Journal of Medicine and Journal of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Schwartzberg served on the NCCN Board of Directors and the NCCN Guidelines Steering Committee for many years.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Essential Presentations at SABCS 2019
- Tesetaxel Plus Capecitabine for Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Tucatinib, Trastuzumab, and Capecitabine for HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Trastuzumab Deruxtecan Is Effective in Previously Treated HER2+ Breast Cancer
- PARP Inhibitors Plus Immunotherapy for Advanced Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- SABCS 2019: Recommendations From Dr. Lee Schwartzberg
- Atezolizumab Plus Nab-Paclitaxel as First-Line Treatment for Unresectable, Locally Advanced or Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Efficacy and Safety of Pembrolizumab and Radiotherapy in Patients With Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Validation of the DNA Damage Immune Response Signature in Patients With Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Differential Impact of Endocrine Therapy and Chemotherapy on Quality of Life of Breast Cancer Survivors