Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPChief, Medical Oncology and Hematology, Renown Institute for Cancer, and Professor of Clinical Medicine, University of Nevada, Reno, Nevada
Dr. Schwartzberg is Chief, Medical Oncology and Hematology at the Renown Institute for Cancer and Professor of Clinical Medicine at the University of Nevada, Reno. He did his hematology/oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and spent three decades at West Cancer Center and Research Institute as Medical Director. He was Chief, Division of hematology/oncology and Professor of Medicine at the University of Tennessee Health Science center from 2012-2017.
In 2018, he became the founding Chief Medical Officer of OneOncology, a national oncology practice management company and served in that role through 2021. He previously served on the Board of Directors and the Guideline Steering Committee of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network and participated in several guideline committees including breast cancer.
Dr. Schwartzberg has published nearly 300 peer reviewed manuscripts, book chapters and monographs. He is founding editor in chief of the Elsevier website PracticeUpdate Oncology and founding editor in chief of the journal Community Oncology. His research interests focus on breast cancer, supportive care, precision medicine and patient reported outcomes. Dr. Schwartzberg maintains a clinical practice in breast cancer.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
He is a consultant for Amgen, Pfizer, Helsinn, Genentech, BMS, Myriad, AstraZeneca, Spectrum, and Napo.
He is also on the advisory board for Genomic Health Research Funding (Institution): Amgen and DSMB: Bayer
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Long-Term Longitudinal Patterns of Patient-Reported Fatigue After Breast Cancer
- Overall Survival With Ribociclib Plus Letrozole in Advanced Breast Cancer
- Efficacy of Biosimilar HD201 vs Referent Trastuzumab in ERBB2+ Breast Cancer Treated in the Neoadjuvant Setting
- De-Escalation of Adjuvant Endocrine Therapy in Patients With ER-Low–Positive Breast Cancer
- Pyrotinib Plus Capecitabine for Patients With HER2-Positive Breast Cancer and Brain Metastases
- Early Local Therapy for the Primary Site in De Novo Stage IV Breast Cancer
- Trilaciclib Prior to Chemotherapy in Patients With Metastatic Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- Residual Cancer Burden Score May Predict a Patient’s Residual Risk After Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy
- 21-Gene Assay to Inform Chemotherapy Benefit in Node-Positive Breast Cancer
- 2021 Top Story in Breast Cancer: Updated Results of monarchE and the Approval of Abemaciclib in the Adjuvant Setting