Lee S. Schwartzberg MD, FACPMedical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee; Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
Lee S. Schwartzberg, MD, FACP, is professor of medicine at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, Chief Medical Officer at OneOncology, and medical director of the West Cancer Center, as well as a practicing medical oncologist.
Upon earning his MD degree from the New York Medical College in Valhalla, NY, Dr Schwartzberg completed an internship and a residency in internal medicine at the Cornell University North Shore University Hospital in Manhasset, NY. He then served as chief resident at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York City and completed a fellowship in medical oncology/hematology.
The author or coauthor of more than 250 publications on medical oncology, hematology, and biosimilars, Dr Schwartzberg has been a leader in and educating healthcare professionals about the potential benefits of biosimilars in oncology practice. He has been very active in the work of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network, having served on its Board of Directors, the Guideline Steering Committee, and the Breast Cancer Guideline Panel, among others. He is past founding chairman of the Association of Community Cancer Centers Immuno-Oncology Institute and the editor-in-chief of the website PracticeUpdate Oncology.
Medical Director, West Cancer Center, Memphis, Tennessee
Chief Medical Officer, OneOncology
State University of New York, BA and MS
New York Medical College, MD, FACP
Intern, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, NY
Fellow in medical oncology/hematology, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
He is a consultant for Amgen, Pfizer, Helsinn, Genentech, BMS, Myriad, AstraZeneca, Spectrum, and Napo.
He is also on the advisory board for Genomic Health Research Funding (Institution): Amgen and DSMB: Bayer
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Trastuzumab Emtansine for Residual Invasive HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Lasofoxifene vs Fulvestrant for HR-Positive Breast Cancer
- Eflapegrastim for Reducing Severe Neutropenia
- 2018 Top Stories in Oncology: TAILORx Trial
- Prophylactic Irradiation to the Contralateral Breast for BRCA Mutation Carriers With Early Stage Breast Cancer
- SABCS 2018: Recommendations From Dr. Lee Schwartzberg
- Molecular Profiling
- Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy With or Without Anthracyclines in the Presence of Dual HER2 Blockade for HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Prolonged PFS With Atezolizumab + nab-Paclitaxel in Advanced TNBC
- Growth Factors and Febrile Neutropenia