Silvio E. Inzucchi MDProfessor of Medicine (Endocrinology); Clinical Director, Section of Endocrinology; Director, Yale Diabetes Center; Director, Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship, Yale School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut
Dr. Silvio Inzucchi is professor of medicine at the Yale University School of Medicine in New Haven, Connecticut, where he serves as the clinical chief of the Section of Endocrinology, program director of the Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship, and the medical director of the Yale Diabetes Center.
Dr. Inzucchi received his medical degree from Harvard Medical School, in Boston, Massachusetts. He completed his residency in internal medicine and his post-doctoral fellowship in endocrinology and metabolism at Yale–New Haven Hospital.
Dr. Inzucchi has been an invited lecturer, both nationally and internationally, on many topics, most pertaining to clinical diabetes management. He has authored or coauthored more than 500 manuscripts, chapters, and abstracts, some published in the foremost medical journals, including The New England Journal of Medicine and JAMA. He has served on editorial boards for numerous scientific journals, including Diabetes Care and the Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.
Dr. Inzucchi has a large academic clinical practice involving a wide spectrum of patients with endocrine diseases, with a focus on diabetes and pituitary/adrenal diseases. His current research interests include anti-hyperglycemic therapy in both the inpatient and outpatient settings and the link among type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and cardiovascular complications.
Professor of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine; Clinical Chief, Section of Endocrinology; Program Director, Endocrinology and Metabolism Fellowship; Director, Yale Diabetes Center, New Haven, Connecticut.
MD: Harvard Medical School
Fellowship (endocrinology and metabolism): Yale–New Haven Hospital, New Haven, Connecticut
Anti-hyperglycemic therapy; the link among type 2 diabetes, insulin resistance, and cardiovascular complications
The following are Dr. Silvio Inzucchi's disclosures:
Advisor: Merck, vTv Therapeutics, Abbott/Alere, Zafgen
Clinical Trial Steering/Executive/Publications Committee Member and related consulting activities: AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Sanofi/Lexicon, Novo Nordisk
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- ADA Scientific Sessions 2017: Recommendations From Dr. Silvio Inzucchi
- Lower Risk of Heart Failure and Death in Patients Initiated on SGLT-2 Inhibitors vs Other Glucose-Lowering Drugs
- The Effect of Fasting Glucose Levels on Cardiovascular Disease and All-Cause Mortality
- Fast-Acting Insulin Aspart Improves Glycemic Control in Basal-Bolus Treatment for Type 1 Diabetes
- Integration of Recent Evidence Into Management of Patients With Atherosclerotic Disease and Type 2 Diabetes
- Childhood Exposure to Air Pollution Linked to Increased Risk for Diabetes
- Percutaneous Gastrostomy Device Effective for Treatment of Class II and III Obesity
- 2016 Top Stories in Diabetes: The LEADER Trial
- Variability of Diabetes Remission Rates After Gastric Bypass
- Statins Offset Insulin-Related Cancer Risk in T2DM