Joerg Herrmann MDProfessor of Medicine, Mayo Graduate School of Medicine, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Joerg Herrmann received his medical training at Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany, and completed his internship in internal medicine at the University Clinic in Essen. Following a postdoctoral research fellowship, he pursued the clinician–investigator track in internal medicine-cardiology, and further training in interventional cardiology at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota. He then joined the staff of the Department of Cardiovascular Diseases at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester. Currently he is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the Mayo Graduate School of Medicine and serves as the director of the Cardio-Oncology Clinic and the research director of the Ischemic Heart Disease program.
Dr. Herrmann has been receiving NIH research funding, serves as a reviewer for over 30 journals, including all major cardiovascular journals. He is also a contributor to Braunwald’s Heart Disease, the associated editor of Trends in Cardiovascular Medicine, and is the editor of the textbook Clinical Cardio-Oncology.
His main research interests are cardio-oncology, cardiac biomarkers, periprocedural myocardial infarction, atherosclerosis, and vascular biology.
Dr. Joerg Herrmann participated in the 2014 and 2016 Ponatinib in CML Cardio-Oncology Advisory Board meeting organized by ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, the 2016 Carfilzomib Advisory Board meeting organized by Amgen and is a member of the Institute for Cardio-Oncology advisory panel sponsored by Bristol-Myers Squib.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- PCI in Native Coronary Arteries vs Bypass Grafts in Patients With Prior CABG
- Coronary-Artery Bypass Surgery in Patients With Ischemic Cardiomyopathy
- ACC 2016: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Joerg Herrmann
- Spontaneous MI After Non–ST Segment Elevation Acute Coronary Syndrome Managed Without Revascularization
- Perioperative Cardiovascular Risk of Prior Coronary Stent Implantation Among Patients Undergoing Noncardiac Surgery
- Comparison of Prasugrel With Ticagrelor After Treatment With Clopidogrel in Coronary Artery Disease
- Vorapaxar in Patients With Peripheral Artery Disease: Results From TRA2°P-TIMI 50
- Single-Staged vs Multi-Staged PCI in Patients With Multivessel NSTEMI
- Cardiac Outcomes in Adult Survivors of Childhood Cancer Exposed to Cardiotoxic Therapy
- 2015 Top Stories in Cardiology: The PURE Study