Rohit U. Nair BDS, MDSClinical Assistant Professor, Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics, Iowa City, Iowa
Rohit Nair works as a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry at The University of Iowa College of Dentistry and Dental Clinics. After completing his primary dental training, he pursued a Master’s degree in Prosthodontics in India and thereafter, completed a Certificate in Geriatric and Special Needs Dentistry at The University of Iowa. His work involves training pre-doctoral students in managing the comprehensive oral health needs of older adults and persons with special needs, teaching didactic courses on dental insurance, reimbursement and geriatric dentistry, and seeing patients in the school's intramural faculty practice clinic.
DisclosuresDr. Nair has no relevant disclosures.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Dental Intervention in the Acute and Subacute Phases of Stroke May Improve the Oral Health Status
- Effectiveness of Silver Diamine Fluoride in Arresting Dental Caries in Residents Living in Nursing Homes
- Oral Health Status of Early Baby Boomers
- Reduced Chewing Ability in the Elderly Can Increase GERD
- Clinical Oral Rehabilitation Programme Improves Oral Diadochokinesis and Swallowing Function in Older Patients With Dementia
- Outcomes of Maxillary Overdentures on Three Implants Retained Using Low-Profile Stud Attachments
- Associations of General Health Conditions With Masticatory Performance and Maximum Bite Force in Older Adults
- Gerodontology in the Dental School Curriculum
- Masticatory Function in Older Individuals With Bimaxillary Implant-Supported Fixed Prostheses or With Natural Dentition
- Alkaline Peroxide Deteriorates Denture Base Surfaces When Used as a Disinfectant