Robert T. Brodell MD, FAADTenured Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, and Professor of Pathology, Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Instructor in Dermatology, Staff Physician, Sonny Montgomery Veterans Administration Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi.
Dr. Robert T. Brodell is a tenured Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi. His research focuses on human papillomavirus and translational research—moving science to the treatment room. In addition to his involvement in teaching and learning in dermatology, he has a strong interest in the ethics of dermatology, tips and tricks in procedural dermatology, and access to care for rural Americans.
Dr. Brodell is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Omega Alpha, the American Academy of Dermatology, the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the American Dermatological Association. He is a past president of the American Board of Dermatology and served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology. He was honored to be a Master Teacher in his previous role at Northeastern Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) where he served as chairman of the Master Teacher Guild. Dr Brodell has served on the ACGME Dermatology Residency Review Committee and is currently the senior representative for the University of Mississippi to Clinical Faculty Academic Societies (CFAS) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Dr Brodell currently serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the American Dermatological Association and he is an associate editor for the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Tenured Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, and Professor of Pathology, Billy S Guyton Distinguished Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Instructor in Dermatology, Staff Physician, Sonny Montgomery Veterans Administration Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi.
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, MD
Resident, Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes Hospital Fellow, Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes Hospital
Dermatology and Dermatopathology
General dermatology, procedural dermatology, and dermatopathology
Multi-Center Clinical Trials:
Novartis - Principal Investigator
Corona psoriasis biologic registry
Faculty advisor to Editorial Board of the American Medical Student Research Journal
Editor-in-Chief, Practice Update: Dermatology
Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Society
SKIN: The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine
Associate Editor, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
Part-time employee at GV (Sonny) Montgomery VA hospital
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Comparing Clinical Acne Vulgaris Severity to Adolescent and Parent Perceptions of Acne Severity and Impact on Quality of Life
- The Presence and Distribution of Novel Coronavirus in Medical Environment
- Dermatologic Care of Persons Experiencing Homelessness
- Smell and Taste Disturbances Associated With Dermatological Medications and Relevance to COVID-19 Infections
- Examining Healthy Dermatology Outpatients in Time of COVID-19
- Routine Isotretinoin Laboratory Monitoring in Patients Older Than 35 Years
- Telemedicine and Support Groups to Improve the Adherence and Quality of Life in Patients With Inflammatory Skin Conditions During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Single-Dose Squaric Acid Dibutyl Ester to Reduce Frequency of Outbreaks in Recurrent Herpes Labialis
- A Simple Painless Technique to Drain Subungual Hematoma
- WhatsApp Messenger as a Teledermatology Tool During COVID-19