Robert T. Brodell MD, FAADTenured Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, and Professor of Pathology, Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Instructor in Dermatology, Staff Physician, Sonny Montgomery Veterans Administration Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi.
Dr. Robert T. Brodell is a tenured Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi. His research focuses on human papillomavirus and translational research—moving science to the treatment room. In addition to his involvement in teaching and learning in dermatology, he has a strong interest in the ethics of dermatology, tips and tricks in procedural dermatology, and access to care for rural Americans.
Dr. Brodell is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Omega Alpha, the American Academy of Dermatology, the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the American Dermatological Association. He is a past president of the American Board of Dermatology and served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology. He was honored to be a Master Teacher in his previous role at Northeastern Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) where he served as chairman of the Master Teacher Guild. Dr Brodell has served on the ACGME Dermatology Residency Review Committee and is currently the senior representative for the University of Mississippi to Clinical Faculty Academic Societies (CFAS) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Dr Brodell currently serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the American Dermatological Association and he is an associate editor for the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Tenured Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, and Professor of Pathology, Billy S Guyton Distinguished Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Instructor in Dermatology, Staff Physician, Sonny Montgomery Veterans Administration Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi.
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, MD
Resident, Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes Hospital Fellow, Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes Hospital
Dermatology and Dermatopathology
General dermatology, procedural dermatology, and dermatopathology
Multi-Center Clinical Trials:
Novartis - Principal Investigator
Corona psoriasis biologic registry
Faculty advisor to Editorial Board of the American Medical Student Research Journal
Editor-in-Chief, Practice Update: Dermatology
Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Society
SKIN: The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine
Associate Editor, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
Part-time employee at GV (Sonny) Montgomery VA hospital
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Administrative Burden and Costs of Prior Authorizations in a Dermatology Department
- Tinted Sunscreens Lead to a Smaller Amount of the Product Applied on the Face
- SARS-CoV-2 Infection Among Community Health Workers in India Before and After Use of Face Shields
- Impact of Prior Authorizations on Dermatology Patients
- Salt for the Treatment of Pyogenic Granuloma in a Patient With Pustular Psoriasis of Palms
- Prophylactic Vaccination Is Underutilized in Patients on Tumor Necrosis Factor Inhibitors
- Twitter Journal Clubs: Medical Education in the Era of Social Media
- Isotretinoin and iPledge Program Patient Information Video
- Assessment of cSCC In Situ Incidence and Risk of Developing Invasive cSCC in Patients With Prior cSCC In Situ
- Optimizing and Combining In-Person and Telemedicine Visits to Maximize Patient Care