Robert T. Brodell MD, FAADTenured Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, and Professor of Pathology, Billy S. Guyton Distinguished Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Instructor in Dermatology, Staff Physician, Sonny Montgomery Veterans Administration Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi.
Dr. Robert T. Brodell is a tenured Professor and Chair of the Department of Dermatology at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson, Mississippi. His research focuses on human papillomavirus and translational research—moving science to the treatment room. In addition to his involvement in teaching and learning in dermatology, he has a strong interest in the ethics of dermatology, tips and tricks in procedural dermatology, and access to care for rural Americans.
Dr. Brodell is a member of Phi Beta Kappa, Alpha Omega Alpha, the American Academy of Dermatology, the Noah Worcester Dermatological Society, the American Society of Dermatopathology, and the American Dermatological Association. He is a past president of the American Board of Dermatology and served on the Board of Directors of the American Academy of Dermatology. He was honored to be a Master Teacher in his previous role at Northeastern Ohio Medical University (NEOMED) where he served as chairman of the Master Teacher Guild. Dr Brodell has served on the ACGME Dermatology Residency Review Committee and is currently the senior representative for the University of Mississippi to Clinical Faculty Academic Societies (CFAS) of the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC). Dr Brodell currently serves as Secretary-Treasurer of the American Dermatological Association and he is an associate editor for the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Tenured Professor and Chair, Department of Dermatology, and Professor of Pathology, Billy S Guyton Distinguished Professor, University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, Mississippi; Instructor in Dermatology, Staff Physician, Sonny Montgomery Veterans Administration Hospital, Jackson, Mississippi.
University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, MD
Resident, Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes Hospital Fellow, Washington University in St. Louis/Barnes Hospital
Dermatology and Dermatopathology
General dermatology, procedural dermatology, and dermatopathology
Multi-Center Clinical Trials:
Novartis - Principal Investigator
Corona psoriasis biologic registry
Faculty advisor to Editorial Board of the American Medical Student Research Journal
Editor-in-Chief, Practice Update: Dermatology
Journal of the Mississippi State Medical Society
SKIN: The Journal of Cutaneous Medicine
Associate Editor, Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
Part-time employee at GV (Sonny) Montgomery VA hospital
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Nemolizumab Plus Topical Agents Improve Moderate-to-Severe Pruritis in Patients With Atopic Dermatitis
- Transcriptomic Characterization of Prurigo Nodularis and the Response to Nemolizumab
- Pediatric Teledermatology Improves Access to Care
- Increased Prevalence of Candida in Patients With Psoriasis
- Patient Perception of Demographic and Socioeconomic Barriers to Outpatient Dermatologic Care
- 2021 Top Story in Dermatology: Tofacitinib for Facial Hair Alopecia Areata
- Ruxolitinib and Its Association With NMSC in Polycythemia Vera and Myelofibrosis Patients
- Research Gap Years May Impact Successful Dermatology Match
- Cutaneous Manifestations in Patients With and Without Housing
- Biological Therapy Interruption and Re-Treatment in Chronic Plaque Psoriasis