Joseph Sowka OD, FAAO, DiplomateClinical Provider, Center for Sight, Sarasota, Florida
Dr. Joseph Sowka is an attending optometric physician at Center for Sight in Sarasota, Florida, a large medical-surgical practice where he focuses on glaucoma management and neuro-ophthalmic disease. He was formerly Professor of Optometry at Nova Southeastern University College of Optometry for 28 years where he served as Chief of The Advanced Care Service and Director of the Glaucoma Service at the College’s Eye Institute. He was the Program Coordinator and Supervisor for the Ocular Disease Residency. Dr. Sowka is a founding member of both the Optometric Glaucoma Society and Optometric Retina Society. He is also the Founder and Chair of the Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders in Optometry Special Interest Group for the American Academy of Optometry. Dr. Sowka is a Glaucoma Diplomate of the American Academy of Optometry. He is a partner and co-owner of Optometric Education Consultants.
DisclosuresDr. Sowka is on the advisory board/speakers bureau for Zeiss, B+L, and Allergan.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- OCT-A Changes in the FAZ Area After Glaucoma Surgery
- Standard Reliability and Gaze Tracking in Glaucoma
- Latanoprostene Bunod in Clinical Practice
- Central Visual Field Loss After Optic Disc Hemorrhage
- Progression Detection With Different Visual Field Patterns
- High-Density 3D SD-OCT Optic Nerve Volume Scans to Detect Glaucoma Progression
- Efficacy of Latanoprostene Bunod for the Treatment of Open-Angle Glaucoma and Ocular Hypertension
- Visual Field Parameters of SITA Faster and SITA Standard Strategies in Glaucoma
- Accuracy of Optical Coherence Tomography for Diagnosing Glaucoma
- High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound for Glaucoma: 1-Year Results