Clay J. Cockerell MDClinical Professor of Dermatology and Pathology and Director, Division of Dermatopathology, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas; President and Owner, Cockerell Dermatopathology, Dallas, Texas
Clay J. Cockerell, MD is Clinical Professor of Dermatology and Pathology at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Director of the Division of Dermatopathology. He is the President and Owner of Cockerell Dermatopathology and the past Medical Director of Cockerell and Associates Dermatopathology as well as a diplomate of the American Academy of Dermatology and American Board of Dermatopathology.
Dr. Cockerell is internationally recognized for his contributions to both dermatology and dermatopathology. He is the past president of the American Academy of Dermatology. For many years, Dr. Cockerell has overseen an educational program designed to train the next generation of dermatopathologists. He has served as Associate Editor of the Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology and is on the editorial boards of a number of medical journals including the American Journal of Dermatopathology.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Mitotic Rate Is Associated With Positive Lymph Nodes in Thin Melanomas
- Cutaneous Malignancies Simulating Seborrheic Keratoses
- Lentigo Maligna and Lentigo Maligna Melanoma: Time to Recurrence After Surgery
- Obstacles Hindering the Mainstream Practice of Teledermatopathology
- The MPATH-Dx Reporting Schema for Melanocytic Proliferations and Melanoma