Sam S. Chang MD, MBAProfessor of Urologic Surgery and Oncology, Patricia and Rodes Hart Endowed Chair in Urologic Surgery, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
After completing his education and training at Princeton University, Vanderbilt University, and Memorial Sloan-Kettering, Dr. Chang returned to Nashville and is currently Professor of Urologic Surgery. Focusing on urologic oncology and education, he has led efforts in integration of evidence-based medicine in clinical pathways, enhanced guidelines formulation, and improved cancer staging as chair of the AJCC GU Staging Panel and as a CoC member. He was the vice-chair of the AUA Guidelines on Noninvasive Bladder Cancer and the facilitator for the AUA Renal Cancer Follow-up Guidelines. Dr. Chang has authored more than 200 original publications. For his academic efforts, he received the SUO’s first-ever Distinguished Service Award, the CaPCURE Young Investigator Award, and has been twice named a Journal of Urology’s Best Reviewer. Dr. Chang was recently honored with the American Urological Association Gold Cystoscope Award.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Oncologic Outcomes After Anterior Exenteration for Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer in Women
- Resection of the Intramural Portion of the Distal Ureter During Transurethral Resection of Bladder Tumors
- Outcomes of Radical Cystectomy in Potential Candidates for Bladder Preservation Therapy
- Rates of Teratoma and Viable Cancer at Post-Chemotherapy Retroperitoneal Lymph Node Dissection After Induction Chemotherapy for Good-Risk Nonseminomatous Germ Cell Tumors
- Follow-Up for Clinically Localized Renal Neoplasms: AUA Guideline