Robert N. Kleinstein OD, MPH, PhDEmeritus Professor, Optometry and Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. Robert Kleinstein is Emeritus Professor of Optometry and Public Health in the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Department of Optometry and Vision Science, having served as chair for 12 years. While in tenure at the school, Dr. Kleinstein created the concurrent program of Optometry and Public Health and served as Associate Dean for Professional Programs. His research interests center around the role of optometry in vision care needs of the public.
Dr Kleinstein holds an OD, MPH, and PhD (physiological optics) from the University of California, Berkeley.
Dr. Kleinstein has no conflicts or disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Association of Socioeconomic, Demographic, and Healthcare Access Disparities With Severe Visual Impairment in the US
- Current and Future Applications of Artificial Intelligence in Retinal Imaging for Cardiovascular Disease Prediction
- Disparities in Vision Health and Eye Care
- Importance of Health Literacy Regarding Ophthalmic Health and Eye Care Disparities
- Financial Incentives for Anti-VEGF Therapy for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Prevalence and Predictors for Being Unscreened for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Visual Burden, Barriers, and Access to Eye Care in an Urban Setting
- Socioeconomic Correlates of Keratoconus Severity and Progression
- Ocular Sequelae in Youth Diagnosed With Diabetes
- 2021 Top Story in Eye Care: Telehealth in Ophthalmology