Robert N. Kleinstein OD, MPH, PhDEmeritus Professor, Optometry and Public Health, University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Birmingham, Alabama
Dr. Robert Kleinstein is Emeritus Professor of Optometry and Public Health in the University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Optometry, Department of Optometry and Vision Science, having served as chair for 12 years. While in tenure at the school, Dr. Kleinstein created the concurrent program of Optometry and Public Health and served as Associate Dean for Professional Programs. His research interests center around the role of optometry in vision care needs of the public.
Dr Kleinstein holds an OD, MPH, and PhD (physiological optics) from the University of California, Berkeley.
Dr. Kleinstein has no conflicts or disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2023 Top Story in Eye Care: Access to and Future Supply of Optometrists and Ophthalmologists
- Association of Chronic Kidney Disease With Retinal Neurodegeneration
- Baseline Results of the Alabama Screening and Intervention for Glaucoma and Eye Health Through Telemedicine
- Factors Associated With Incidental Retinal Emboli in the US Adult Population
- Time to Presentation and Diagnosis of Central Retinal Artery Occlusion
- Microbiology of Eye Infections at the Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
- Epidemiologic Pattern and Factors Associated With Intimate Partner Violence–Related Ocular Trauma in the US
- Healthcare Access and Utilization Among Patients With Glaucoma
- Cost-Effectiveness of Diagnostic Tests for the Early Detection of Neovascular Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- 2022 Top Story in Eye Care: Artificial Intelligence–Based Retinal Imaging for Cardiovascular Disease Prediction