Reshma L. Mahtani DOChief of Breast Medical Oncology, Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida, Miami, FL
Dr. Reshma L. Mahtani is a medical oncologist practicing in South Florida. She serves as Chief of Breast Medical Oncology at the Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida (a Memorial Sloane Kettering affiliate). Her practice is limited to breast cancer.
After completing her master of science degree in neuroscience at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Mahtani went on to the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she received her medical degree. She completed internship at Greenwich Hospital, a Yale-affiliate, in Greenwich, Connecticut, and undertook residency training at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in New York, where she also completed her fellowship.
Prior to assuming her role at the Miami Cancer Institute, Dr. Mahtani was an Associate Professor of Medicine and Co-Leader of the Breast Cancer Program at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami, where she oversaw the clinical trial program across the network. She is an active clinical researcher and her research focuses on novel therapies for the treatment of breast cancer. She has made significant scientific and clinical practice contributions with numerous first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals.
She has served on the ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Steering Committee and as a member of the editorial board of The Breast Journal. She has been Program Director for several officially licensed Best of ASCO programs and is the Director of the ASCO Highlights series. She has a passion for medical education and founded a medical education initiative to ensure that physicians in South Florida know about the latest cancer treatments and can provide evidence-based care. Finally, she is involved in several initiatives that enhance patients’ access to healthcare, as well as community collaborations for education and advocacy.
Chief of Breast Medical Oncology at the Miami Cancer Institute, Baptist Health South Florida
DO: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
MS (Neuroscience): University of Connecticut
Fellowship: St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, New York, New York
Harvard Global Clinical Scholars Training Program
Breast cancer, novel therapeutics
Reshma L. Mahtani, DO, has served as a consultant/advisor for Agendia, Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Biotheranostics, Daiichi, Eisai, Genentech, Immunomedics, Lilly, Novartis, Pfizer, Puma and Seattle Genetics. Contracted grant/research support (to institution) from Genentech.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Ribociclib Plus Endocrine Therapy for Premenopausal Women With HR+ Advanced Breast Cancer
- ASCO 2018: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Reshma Mahtani— Local, Regional, and Adjuvant Disease
- ASCO 2018: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Reshma Mahtani—Metastatic Disease
- Carboplatin in BRCA1/2-Mutated and TNBC BRCA Subgroups
- First-Line Ribociclib Plus Letrozole vs Placebo Plus Letrozole in HR+, HER2− Advanced Breast Cancer
- Cardiovascular Risk Factors and Outcomes Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- MBCC 2018: An Interview With Reshma Mahtani: Part 1
- MBCC 2018: An Interview With Reshma Mahtani: Part 2
- Phase II Study of Paclitaxel and Dasatinib in Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Pertuzumab and Trastuzumab With or Without Metronomic Chemotherapy for Older Patients With HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer