Reshma L. Mahtani DOAssociate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology; Interim Co-Leader Breast Cancer Program; Director of Community Outreach, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Dr.Reshma L. Mahtani is a medical oncologist practicing in South Florida. She is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Deerfield Beach, Florida. She is Interim Co-Leader of the Breast Cancer Program and Director of Community Outreach.
After completing her master of science degree in neuroscience at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Mahtani went on to the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she received her medical degree. She completed internship at Greenwich Hospital, a Yale-affiliate, in Greenwich, Connecticut, and undertook residency training at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in New York, where she also completed her fellowship in Hematology/Oncology. She is a graduate of the Harvard Global Clinical Scholars Training Program.
Dr. Mahtani is committed to medical education. She speaks nationally and internationally and has served as Program Director for several officially licensed Best of ASCO programs. She is an active clinical researcher and her research focuses on novel therapies for the treatment of breast cancer. As Interim Co-Leader of the Breast Cancer Program at Sylvester, she oversees the clinical trial program across the network. She has served on the ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Steering Committee and is a member of the editorial board of The Breast Journal.
Interim Co-Leader Breast Cancer Program, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System, Deerfield Beach, Florida
DO: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
MS (Neuroscience): University of Connecticut
Fellowship: St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, New York, New York
Certificate: Harvard Global Clinical Scholars Training Program
Breast cancer, novel therapeutics
Reshma L. Mahtani, D.O. has served as a consultant/advisor for Agendia, Amgen, Astra Zeneca, Biotheranostics, Daiichi, Eisai, Genentech, Immunomedics, Lilly, Novartis, Pfizer, Puma and Seattle Genetics. Contracted grant/research support (to institution) from Genentech.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- QOL Data: Abemaciclib Plus an Aromatase Inhibitor in HR+, HER2− Advanced Breast Cancer
- Intracranial Efficacy and Survival With Tucatinib Plus Trastuzumab and Capecitabine for Previously Treated HER2-Positive Breast Cancer With Brain Metastases
- ASCO: Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy for Advanced Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- ASCO 2020: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Reshma Mahtani for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Capivasertib + Fulvestrant Improves Activity and Tolerability in AKT1E17K-Mutant, ER+ MBC
- Contemporary Outcomes of Metastatic Breast Cancer Among 22,000 Women From the Multicentre ESME Cohort
- Antitumor Activity and Safety of Trastuzumab Deruxtecan in Patients With HER2–Low Expressing Advanced Breast Cancer
- T-DM1–Associated Cardiotoxicity in Advanced HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- Improved Overall Survival With Ribociclib Plus Fulvestrant in Advanced Breast Cancer
- 2019 Top Stories in Metastatic Breast Cancer: HER2+ Breast Cancer—A Double-Edged Sword