Reshma L. Mahtani DOAssociate Professor, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System; Director of Community Outreach and Co-Director of the Women's Center, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Dr.Reshma L. Mahtani is a medical oncologist practicing in South Florida. She is an Associate Professor of Medicine at the University of Miami, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Deerfield Beach, Florida. She is Director of Community Outreach and Co-Director of the Women's Center in Deerfield Beach. Her practice is limited to breast cancer.
After completing her master of science degree in neuroscience at the University of Connecticut, Dr. Mahtani went on to the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine, where she received her medical degree. She completed internship at Greenwich Hospital, a Yale-affiliate, in Greenwich, Connecticut, and undertook residency training at St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center in New York, where she also completed her fellowship.
Dr. Mahtani has spoken nationally and internationally on breast cancer. She is an active researcher and has authored numerous papers. Her ongoing involvement in clinical trials includes serving as Sylvester’s principal investigator on several phase II and III clinical trials in breast cancer. She is a member of the ASCO Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI) Steering Committee, a member of the editorial board of The Breast Journal, and has served as Program Director for several officially licensed Best of ASCO programs.
Director of Community Outreach and Co-Director, Women's Center, Deerfield Beach, Florida
Associate Professor of Clinical Medicine, Division of Hematology/Oncology, Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of Miami Health System, Deerfield Beach, Florida
DO: University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine
MS (Neuroscience): University of Connecticut
Fellowship: St. Vincent’s Catholic Medical Center, New York, New York
DisclosuresReshma L. Mahtani, D.O. has served as a consultant/advisory board member for Amgen, Agendia, Celgene, Genentech, Lilly, Pfizer, and Novartis. She has received grant/research support from Genentech.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Novel Therapies in the Management of HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- T-DM1 in Patients With HER2-Positive Metastatic Breast Cancer and Brain Metastases
- Efficacy and Safety of T-DM1 + Capecitabine vs T-DM1 Alone in Previously Treated ERBB2+ Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Real-World Patterns of Everolimus Use in Patients With Metastatic Breast Cancer
- QOL Data: Abemaciclib Plus an Aromatase Inhibitor in HR+, HER2− Advanced Breast Cancer
- Intracranial Efficacy and Survival With Tucatinib Plus Trastuzumab and Capecitabine for Previously Treated HER2-Positive Breast Cancer With Brain Metastases
- ASCO: Pembrolizumab Plus Chemotherapy for Advanced Triple-Negative Breast Cancer
- ASCO 2020: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Reshma Mahtani for Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Capivasertib + Fulvestrant Improves Activity and Tolerability in AKT1E17K-Mutant, ER+ MBC
- Contemporary Outcomes of Metastatic Breast Cancer Among 22,000 Women From the Multicentre ESME Cohort