Oliver Sartor MDDirector of the Radiopharmaceutical Trials, Chief of the Genitourinary Cancer Malignancy Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Oliver Sartor is an internationally recognized expert in prostate cancer. His medical practice and research have focused on prostate cancer since 1990 when he finished a medical oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). He has published over 500 peer-reviewed articles, led or co-led multiple national and international clinical studies, including four phase III studies pivotal for FDA approval (Quadramet, Xofigo, Pluvicto, and Jevtana). He has lectured widely, and at last count has given invited lectures in 33 countries.
He has served as the past Chairman of the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Integration Panel, is past Editor-in-Chief of the peer-reviewed journal Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, and is the Medical Oncology Chair of the GU committee of NRG, a national cancer research group. He is also a past member of the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Counselors (Clinical Sciences and Epidemiology).
CONSULTANT: Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA), Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Clovis, Constellation, Dendreon, EMD Serono, Fusion, Isotopen Technologien Meunchen, Janssen, Merck, Moyvant, Myriad, Noria Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis, Noxopharm, Progenics, POINT Biopharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Tenebio, Telix, Theragnostics.
Grant/Research Support: Advanced Accelerator Applications, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Constellation, Endocyte, Invitae, Janssen, Lantheus, Merck, Progenics, Tenebio.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Association of Bone Metastatic Burden With Survival Benefit From Prostate Radiotherapy in Patients With Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- LuPSMA Versus Cabazitaxel for Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- ACIS Trial of Apalutamide and Abiraterone in Chemotherapy-Naive mCRPC
- [177Lu]Lu-PSMA-617 vs Cabazitaxel in Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- ASCO GU 2021: Recommendations From Dr. Oliver Sartor
- Immunotherapy in the Treatment of Prostate Cancer
- Tumor Frameshift Mutation Proportion Predicts Response to Immunotherapy in Mismatch Repair-Deficient Prostate Cancer
- Prostate Radiotherapy With Adjuvant ADT Improves Metastasis-Free Survival Over Neoadjuvant ADT
- Androgen Deprivation Therapy and Radiotherapy in Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Quality of Life in Patients With Metastatic Prostate Cancer Following Treatment With Cabazitaxel vs Abiraterone or Enzalutamide