Oliver Sartor MDDirector of the Radiopharmaceutical Trials, Chief of the Genitourinary Cancer Malignancy Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Oliver Sartor is an internationally recognized expert in prostate cancer. His medical practice and research have focused on prostate cancer since 1990 when he finished a medical oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). He has published over 500 peer-reviewed articles, led or co-led multiple national and international clinical studies, including four phase III studies pivotal for FDA approval (Quadramet, Xofigo, Pluvicto, and Jevtana). He has lectured widely, and at last count has given invited lectures in 33 countries.
He has served as the past Chairman of the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Integration Panel, is past Editor-in-Chief of the peer-reviewed journal Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, and is the Medical Oncology Chair of the GU committee of NRG, a national cancer research group. He is also a past member of the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Counselors (Clinical Sciences and Epidemiology).
CONSULTANT: Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA), Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Clovis, Constellation, Dendreon, EMD Serono, Fusion, Isotopen Technologien Meunchen, Janssen, Merck, Moyvant, Myriad, Noria Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis, Noxopharm, Progenics, POINT Biopharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Tenebio, Telix, Theragnostics.
Grant/Research Support: Advanced Accelerator Applications, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Constellation, Endocyte, Invitae, Janssen, Lantheus, Merck, Progenics, Tenebio.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- FDA Approves Second PSMA-Targeted PET Imaging Drug for Men With Prostate Cancer
- Treatment of Metachronous Metastatic Hormone-Sensitive Prostate Cancer With Enzalutamide and ADT
- Molecular Subtypes Associated With Different Responses to Apalutamide in Nonmetastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Adding Bone Protective Agents to Enzalutamide and Radium-223 for mCRPC
- Targeted Radioligand Therapy for PSMA+, Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Safety and Efficacy of Virtual Prostatectomy With Single-Dose Radiotherapy in Patients With Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
- Treatment Outcomes in BRCA1/2-, CDK12-, and ATM-Mutated Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Intermediate Clinical Endpoints for Surrogacy in Localised Prostate Cancer
- Real-World Comparison of Hormonal Therapy and Radium for mCRPC
- Bipolar Androgen Therapy vs Enzalutamide in Asymptomatic Men With Castration-Resistant Metastatic Prostate Cancer