Oliver Sartor MDDirector of the Radiopharmaceutical Trials, Chief of the Genitourinary Cancer Malignancy Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Oliver Sartor is an internationally recognized expert in prostate cancer. His medical practice and research have focused on prostate cancer since 1990 when he finished a medical oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). He has published over 500 peer-reviewed articles, led or co-led multiple national and international clinical studies, including four phase III studies pivotal for FDA approval (Quadramet, Xofigo, Pluvicto, and Jevtana). He has lectured widely, and at last count has given invited lectures in 33 countries.
He has served as the past Chairman of the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Integration Panel, is past Editor-in-Chief of the peer-reviewed journal Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, and is the Medical Oncology Chair of the GU committee of NRG, a national cancer research group. He is also a past member of the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Counselors (Clinical Sciences and Epidemiology).
CONSULTANT: Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA), Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Clovis, Constellation, Dendreon, EMD Serono, Fusion, Isotopen Technologien Meunchen, Janssen, Merck, Moyvant, Myriad, Noria Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis, Noxopharm, Progenics, POINT Biopharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Tenebio, Telix, Theragnostics.
Grant/Research Support: Advanced Accelerator Applications, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Constellation, Endocyte, Invitae, Janssen, Lantheus, Merck, Progenics, Tenebio.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Real-World Use of Bone-Modifying Agents in Metastatic Castration-Sensitive Prostate Cancer
- Fracture Risk and Radium-223 for Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Response to Rucaparib in BRCA-Mutant Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Identified by Genomic Testing
- Germline ATM vs BRCA2 Mutations Affecting Therapy Outcomes in Prostate Cancer
- Survival Outcomes in Older Men With Non–Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Treated With Androgen Receptor Inhibitors
- Cardiovascular Safety of Degarelix vs Leuprolide in Patients With Prostate Cancer
- Impact of Androgen Deprivation Therapy on COVID-19 Severity
- Continuous vs Intermittent ADT Use for Prostate Cancer in Older Men
- The PRINCE Trial of Pembrolizumab and PSMA Lutetium-177 for CRPC
- The VISION Trial of PSMA-617 Lutetium-177 for CRPC: Quality of Life