Oliver Sartor MDDirector of the Radiopharmaceutical Trials, Chief of the Genitourinary Cancer Malignancy Group, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota
Dr. Oliver Sartor is an internationally recognized expert in prostate cancer. His medical practice and research have focused on prostate cancer since 1990 when he finished a medical oncology fellowship at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). He has published over 500 peer-reviewed articles, led or co-led multiple national and international clinical studies, including four phase III studies pivotal for FDA approval (Quadramet, Xofigo, Pluvicto, and Jevtana). He has lectured widely, and at last count has given invited lectures in 33 countries.
He has served as the past Chairman of the Department of Defense Prostate Cancer Integration Panel, is past Editor-in-Chief of the peer-reviewed journal Clinical Genitourinary Cancer, and is the Medical Oncology Chair of the GU committee of NRG, a national cancer research group. He is also a past member of the National Cancer Institute Board of Scientific Counselors (Clinical Sciences and Epidemiology).
CONSULTANT: Advanced Accelerator Applications (AAA), Astellas, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Blue Earth Diagnostics, Inc., Bavarian Nordic, Bristol Myers Squibb, Clarity Pharmaceuticals, Clovis, Constellation, Dendreon, EMD Serono, Fusion, Isotopen Technologien Meunchen, Janssen, Merck, Moyvant, Myriad, Noria Therapeutics, Inc., Novartis, Noxopharm, Progenics, POINT Biopharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Tenebio, Telix, Theragnostics.
Grant/Research Support: Advanced Accelerator Applications, Amgen, AstraZeneca, Bayer, Constellation, Endocyte, Invitae, Janssen, Lantheus, Merck, Progenics, Tenebio.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Inherited DNA Repair Defects in African-American and Caucasian Men With Prostate Cancer
- ASCO GU 2020: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Oliver Sartor
- Stroke and Thromboembolic Events in Men With Prostate Cancer Treated With Definitive Radiation Therapy With or Without Androgen Deprivation Therapy
- Olaparib in Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer With DNA Repair Gene Aberrations
- Pembrolizumab for Treatment-Refractory Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Docetaxel Improves Survival in Metastatic Hormone-Naïve Prostate Cancer
- Impact of Abiraterone Acetate Plus Prednisone or Enzalutamide on Patient-Reported Outcomes in Patients With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- Cabazitaxel Plus Carboplatin for the Treatment of Men With Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- ESMO 2019: Recommendation From Dr. Oliver Sartor
- Efficacy and Safety of Abiraterone Acetate Plus Prednisone vs Cabazitaxel as a Subsequent Treatment After First-Line Docetaxel in mCRPC