Warren R. Heymann MDProfessor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Head of the Division of Dermatology, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden, New Jersey; Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Warren R. Heymann received his MD degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1979), completed an internship in Internal Medicine at NYU/Bellevue (1980), a residency in dermatology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1983), and a fellowship in dermatopathology at the University of Pennsylvania (1985).
He is board certified in dermatology, dermatopathology, and pediatric dermatology. He has been affiliated with the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University since 1986, where he is currently Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Head of the Division of Dermatology (since 1988). He is also Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Heymann is a co-editor of the textbook Treatment of Skin Disease and the editor of the online dermatology program Clinical Decision Support: Dermatology.
He is a past editor of Dialogues in Dermatology and has authored numerous papers and book chapters, focusing mostly on a variety of issues related to medical and pediatric dermatology. He currently has a column named “The Heymann File” in the journal SkinMed, where he discusses dermatologic subjects of interest.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Becoming Whipped Up Over Flagellate Dermatoses
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Idiopathic Facial Aseptic Granuloma
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Histologic Overreliance on Mucin for Diagnosis May Prove—Sticky
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Diagnosing Calciphylaxis: A Better Way?
- Dr. Warren Heymann on the Opioid Epidemic: Coma Blisters and Beyond
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Untangling the Neurologic Comorbidities of Bullous Pemphigoid
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Whether Wart Immunotherapy Could Open a Therapeutic Window for Congenital Nevi at Risk for Melanoma
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Psoriatic Alopecia and Sebaceous Glands: An Unfinished Symphony
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Avoiding Brimonidine and Oxymetazoline as Hemostatic Agents
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Avascular Necrosis in Psoriasis