Warren R. Heymann MDProfessor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Head of the Division of Dermatology, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden, New Jersey; Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Warren R. Heymann received his MD degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1979), completed an internship in Internal Medicine at NYU/Bellevue (1980), a residency in dermatology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1983), and a fellowship in dermatopathology at the University of Pennsylvania (1985).
He is board certified in dermatology, dermatopathology, and pediatric dermatology. He has been affiliated with the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University since 1986, where he is currently Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Head of the Division of Dermatology (since 1988). He is also Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Heymann is a co-editor of the textbook Treatment of Skin Disease and the editor of the online dermatology program Clinical Decision Support: Dermatology.
He is a past editor of Dialogues in Dermatology and has authored numerous papers and book chapters, focusing mostly on a variety of issues related to medical and pediatric dermatology. He currently has a column named “The Heymann File” in the journal SkinMed, where he discusses dermatologic subjects of interest.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Keratoacanthomatous Lesions of the Legs in Mature Women
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Crystallizing Thoughts about Crystalglobulinemia
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Brentuximab Vedotin Update and the #MeToo Saga of the Reed-Sternberg Cell
- Dr. Warren Heymann on The Term “Dermal Hyperneury” Hits a Nerve
- Dr. Warren Heymann Warns That the Ultimate Prognosis of Eosinophilic Fasciitis May Not Be Groovy
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Something From Nothing: The Role of Random Skin Biopsies
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Yeast Rising: Predicting the Efficacy of Candida Antigen Immunotherapy for Warts
- Dr. Warren Heymann: Here Comes the Sun: The Role of Polypodium leucotomos Extract
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Methotrexate Toxicity: What’s in a Name?
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Becker’s Nevus—Mutations That Shoulder Responsibility