Warren R. Heymann MDProfessor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Head of the Division of Dermatology, Cooper Medical School of Rowan University, Camden, New Jersey; Clinical Professor of Dermatology, Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Warren R. Heymann received his MD degree from the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1979), completed an internship in Internal Medicine at NYU/Bellevue (1980), a residency in dermatology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (1983), and a fellowship in dermatopathology at the University of Pennsylvania (1985).
He is board certified in dermatology, dermatopathology, and pediatric dermatology. He has been affiliated with the Cooper Medical School of Rowan University since 1986, where he is currently Professor of Medicine and Pediatrics and Head of the Division of Dermatology (since 1988). He is also Clinical Professor of Dermatology at the Perelman School of Medicine of the University of Pennsylvania.
Dr. Heymann is a co-editor of the textbook Treatment of Skin Disease and the editor of the online dermatology program Clinical Decision Support: Dermatology.
He is a past editor of Dialogues in Dermatology and has authored numerous papers and book chapters, focusing mostly on a variety of issues related to medical and pediatric dermatology. He currently has a column named “The Heymann File” in the journal SkinMed, where he discusses dermatologic subjects of interest.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Association Between JAK Inhibitor Use and the Development of Acne as an Adverse Event
- Atopic Dermatitis as a Risk Factor for Herpes Zoster Infection Independent of Treatment
- Analysis of Dermatology Topics Tested in Popular Question Banks for Medical Students
- Sleep Impairment in Patients With Chronic Inflammatory Skin Diseases
- Methotrexate Monitoring in Dermatology
- Dr. Warren Heymann: A Future Therapeutic Harlequin Romance?
- Dr. Warren Heymann: Elmer Fudd Beware: Tularemia’s Re-Emergence
- Dr. Warren Heymann: Aha! The Iodide Paradox Now Makes Sense!
- Dr. Warren Heymann on Becoming Pro-Geriatric by Understanding Progeria
- Dr. Warren Heymann: Does the JAK Inhibitor Baricitininb Raise the Bar on Treating Lupus?