Deborah J. Wexler MD, MScAssociate Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School; Chief, Diabetes Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, Massachusetts
Dr. Deborah J. Wexler's research focuses on clinical effectiveness in type 2 diabetes. In addition, she is on the Editorial Board of Diabetes Care, and is a reviewer for multiple journals.
Dr. Wexler reports serving on Data Monitoring Committees for trials of oral semaglutide sponsored by Novo Nordisk.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- ADA Scientific Sessions 2017: Recommendations From Dr. Deborah Wexler
- Cost-Effectiveness of the USPSTF Recommendations for Behavioral Counseling for Adults With CV Risk Factors
- Artificially Sweetened Beverages, Stroke, and Dementia
- After Intensive Education, Insulin Pump Slightly Better Than Multiple Daily Injections in Type 1 Diabetes
- Diabetic Retinopathy: A Position Statement by the ADA
- ADA Updates for Standards of Care
- 2016 Top Stories in Diabetes: The EMPA-REG RENAL OUTCOMES Trial
- Optimized Mealtime Insulin Dosing for Fat and Protein in Type 1 Diabetes
- Magnitude of Weight Loss and Changes in Physical Fitness Linked With Long-Term Cardiovascular Disease Outcomes in Overweight Diabetics
- Mindful Self-Compassion Intervention Improves Depression, Distress, and HbA1c in People With Diabetes