Thomas J. Guzzo MD, MPHChief of Urology and Associate Program Director, University of Pennsylvania Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Guzzo is Chief of Urology and Associate Program Director at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a graduate of Temple University School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery internship and urology residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Guzzo completed a fellowship at the James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute of the Johns Hopkins Hospital in urologic oncology. During his fellowship he also earned a Masters in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He is extensively trained in the treatment of all aspects of urologic malignancies including open, laparoscopic, endoscopic and robotic surgical treatment for such malignancies.
Dr. Guzzo’s clinical areas of expertise include the surgical treatment of prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer. He has one of the largest urologic oncology practices in the region and specializes in open, endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Additionally, He is a member of the Penn Academy of master clinicians.
Dr. Guzzo also maintains a productive urologic oncology research program. He is a Prostate Cancer Foundation young investigator award recipient. He is the director of the urologic oncology research laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania. He has published over 120 peer-reviewed manuscripts, over a dozen book chapters and is the editor of two text books in urology.
DisclosuresNo disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- 2016 Top Stories in Urology: Enhanced Recovery After Urologic Surgery
- Cutaneous Ureterostomy After Radical Cystecomy Results in Fewer Complications and Improved Quality of Life
- Robot-Assisted Laparoscopic Prostatectomy vs Open Radical Retropubic Prostatectomy
- Notable Outcomes and Trackable Events After Surgery: Evaluating an Uncomplicated Recovery After Radical Prostatectomy
- Wound Dehiscence in a Sample of 1776 Cystectomies
- AUA 2016: Dr. Tom Guzzo's Key Take-Aways
- Partial Nephrectomy in Clinical T1b Renal Tumors
- Predictors of Complete Pathologic Response to Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy in Muscle-Invasive Bladder Carcinoma
- 2015 Top Stories in Urology: PD-L1 Therapy for High-Risk Bladder Cancer
- Maximizing Control of Osseous Metastases in Prostate Cancer