Thomas J. Guzzo MD, MPHChief of Urology and Associate Program Director, University of Pennsylvania Perelman Center for Advanced Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Dr. Guzzo is Chief of Urology and Associate Program Director at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a graduate of Temple University School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery internship and urology residency at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania. Dr. Guzzo completed a fellowship at the James Buchanan Brady Urological Institute of the Johns Hopkins Hospital in urologic oncology. During his fellowship he also earned a Masters in Public Health from the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. He is extensively trained in the treatment of all aspects of urologic malignancies including open, laparoscopic, endoscopic and robotic surgical treatment for such malignancies.
Dr. Guzzo’s clinical areas of expertise include the surgical treatment of prostate, bladder, kidney and testicular cancer. He has one of the largest urologic oncology practices in the region and specializes in open, endoscopic and minimally invasive surgical procedures. Additionally, He is a member of the Penn Academy of master clinicians.
Dr. Guzzo also maintains a productive urologic oncology research program. He is a Prostate Cancer Foundation young investigator award recipient. He is the director of the urologic oncology research laboratory at the University of Pennsylvania. He has published over 120 peer-reviewed manuscripts, over a dozen book chapters and is the editor of two text books in urology.
DisclosuresNo disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Blue Light Flexible Cystoscopy Decreases Anxiety in Patients Undergoing Bladder Cancer Surveillance
- Blue Light Cystoscopy for the Diagnosis of Bladder Cancer: Results From the US Prospective Multicenter Registry
- Intravesical Instillation of Gemcitabine vs Saline After Resection of Suspected Low-Grade Non–Muscle Invasive Bladder Cancer
- AUA 2018: Dr. Tom Guzzo's Session Recommendations for Urologic Oncology
- Identifying Patients for Cytoreductive Nephrectomy in RCC
- 2017 Top Stories in Urology: Genomic Classification of Bladder Cancer
- Early Discharge and Post-Discharge Outcomes Following Radical Cystectomy for Bladder Cancer
- Extent of Lymph Node Dissection for Bladder Cancer
- ADT No Longer the Standard of Care for Metastatic Prostate Cancer: An Expert Roundtable
- Extraprostatic Extension Is Extremely Rare for Contemporary Gleason Score 6 Prostate Cancer