Gary D. Webb MDEditor-in-Chief for the ChiP Network; Emeritus Editor of the ACHD Learning Center; Consulting Cardiologist, Toronto Congenital Cardiac Centre for Adults, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dr. Webb helped to establish a 15-center network for adult congenital heart (ACHD) patients in Canada. He led the publication of the first set of guidelines for the management of ACHD patients. He co-led the first American recommendations for the management of these patients. He set up the ACHD Learning Center in collaboration with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital and ISACHD. He leads the Chip Network, an organization aiming to connect congenital heart professionals globally.
DisclosuresNo disclosures to report.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Maternal Antihypertensive Use and Congenital Heart Defects
- Academic Outcomes in Children With Congenital Heart Defects
- Anatomical and Hemodynamic Features Predict Mortality in Congenital Heart Disease
- Prophylactic Therapy for Thomboembolic Complications Associated With Atrial Arrhythmia After the Fontan Procedure
- Aortic Valve Replacement and the Ross Operation in Children and Young Adults
- Pre-Pregnancy Diabetes and Risk of Congenital Heart Disease in Offspring
- Ischemic Stroke and Young Patients With Congenital Heart Disease
- Current Therapy and Outcome of Eisenmenger Syndrome
- Long-Term Nationwide Follow-Up Study of Simple Congenital Heart Disease Diagnosed in Otherwise Healthy Children
- 2015 Top Stories in Cardiology: Neurodevelopmental Issues May Be Part of the Life Story of Many Congenital Heart Patients