Jonathan Silberstein MD, MBAChief of Urologic Oncology, Memorial Health System, Broward, Florida
Jonathan Silberstein earned his medical degree at SUNY Upstate Medical University in Syracuse, New York. He completed his general surgery internship and his urology residency at the University of California in San Diego. Following his residency, Dr. Silberstein completed a 3-year fellowship in urologic oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center in New York. He joined the faculty of Tulane University School of Medicine in 2013 and was the Director of Urologic Oncology at Tulane and the Assistant Chief of Urology at the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Affairs Hospital. He is the author of more than 60 peer-reviewed publications and several book chapters.He is now the Chief of Urologic Oncology Memorial Health System, Broward Florida.
He is also the winner of numerous awards from national and international meetings and is a reviewer for several prominent urologic journals.
Assistant Professor of Urology; Chief, Section of Urologic Oncology, Department of Urology, Tulane University School of Medicine; Chief of Urology Service, Department of Surgery, Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care Center, New Orleans, Louisiana
MD: SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse, New York
Fellowship (urologic oncology): Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York
Advanced urologic malignancies
Clinical trial design and implementation, 3D printing physical models of urologic malignancies
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Urinary Complications From Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Imperative to Up the Representation of African Americans in Trials of CRPC
- Factors Associated With Worse Outcomes From Salvage Prostatectomy
- Disparities in Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer Trials
- Increased Disease Recurrence After Prostatectomy in Black Patients With Low-Grade Prostate Cancer
- Long-Term Outcomes of Active Surveillance in Favorable-Risk Prostate Cancer