Jeffrey J. Kirshner MD, FACP, FASCOPartner of Hematology Oncology Associates of Central New York, East Syracuse; Director of Research, HOACNY Community Clinical Oncology Program, New York
Dr. Jeffrey J Kirshner is a partner of Hematology Oncology Associates of Central New York in East Syracuse. He is the Director of Research and serves as the Principal Investigator in Alliance for Clinical Trials in Oncology. He is an author or co-author of over 70 peer reviewed research publications. He has an active clinical practice as well.
Dr. Kirshner has a strong interest in patient care and clinical research and is an active volunteer in Alliance and ASCO. He currently serves as the chair of the DSMB for Alliance and is on a number of committees, Member of Breast Committee, Symptom Intervention Committee and Community Oncology Committee. He is also on a number of ASCO committees including CancerLinQ Research and Publications. He is a member of the Practice Guidelines Implementation Network and serves as the community oncology representative on four expert panels.
Partner and Director of Research, Hematology Oncology Associates of Central New York, East Syracuse
Attending Physician, Crouse Hospital, Syracuse
Attending Physician, St. Joseph’s Hospital and Health Center, Syracuse
Clinical Associate Professor, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Syracuse
Lehigh University, BA
University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, MD
Resident, SUNY Upstate Medical Center
Fellow, SUNY Upstate Medical Center
Medical oncology/hematology, clinical trials
Dr. Kirshner reports no relevant disclosures at this time.
Recent Contributions to PracticeUpdate:
- Management of Bone Pain Among Patients With Breast Cancer
- Key Takeaways From ESMO: Cardiotoxicity in Cancer Patients
- Key Takeaways From ESMO: Impact of Immunotherapy on Quality of Life
- ESMO 2020: Recommendations From Dr. Jeffrey Kirshner for Supportive and Palliative Care
- ASCO: Five Practice Changers From the Plenary Session
- ASCO: How I Will Change My Practice for My Breast Cancer Patients
- ASCO: Practice Changers in Palliative Care and Acupuncture
- Ten Practice Changes That I Will Make After Attending Virtual ASCO 2020
- ASCO 2020: Abstract Recommendations From Dr. Jeffrey Kirshner for Symptoms and Survivorship
- 2019 Top Stories in Oncology: Atezolizumab Plus Chemotherapy for Triple-Negative Breast Cancer