Sign in to PracticeUpdate
Only registered members have full access to PracticeUpdate content.
- Bundy JD, Mills KT, He H, et al. Social determinants of health and premature death among adults in the USA from 1999 to 2018: a national cohort study. Lancet Public Health. 2023 Jun;8(6):e422-e431.
- Weinstein JM, Kahkoska AR, Berkowitz SA. Food Insecurity, Missed Workdays, and Hospitalizations Among Working-Age US Adults With Diabetes. Health Aff (Millwood). 2022;41(7):1045-1052.
- Fiscella K, Sanders MR. Racial and Ethnic Disparities in the Quality of Health Care. Annu Rev Public Health. 2016;37:375-394.
- Hannan EL, Wu Y, Cozzens K, et al. The Neighborhood Atlas Area Deprivation Index for Measuring Socioeconomic Status: An Overemphasis on Home Value. Health Aff (Millwood). 2023;42(5):702-709.
- Assari S, Smith JL, Saqib M, et al. Binge Drinking Among Economically Disadvantaged African American Older Adults with Diabetes. Behav Sci (Basel). 2019;9(9):97.
Dawes DE, Williams DR. The political determinants of health. Baltimore, MD: Johns Hopkins University Press; 2020.
- Braveman P, Gottlieb L. The Social Determinants of Health: It's Time to Consider the Causes of the Causes. Public Health Rep. 2014;129 Suppl 2(Suppl 2):19-31.
- Thornton RL, Glover CM, Cene CW, et al. Evaluating Strategies For Reducing Health Disparities By Addressing The Social Determinants Of Health. Health Aff (Millwood). 2016;35(8):1416-1423.
- Peikes DN, Swankoski KE, Rastegar JS, et al. Burden of Health-Related Social Needs Among Dual- and non-Dual-Eligible Medicare Advantage Beneficiaries. Health Aff (Millwood). (2023);42(7);899-908.
- Horwitz LI, Chang C, Arcilla HN, et al. Quantifying Health Systems’ Investment In Social Determinants Of Health, By Sector, 2017–19. Health Aff (Millwood). 2020;39(2):192-198.
- Renaud J, McClellan SR, DePriest K, et al. Addressing Health-Related Social Needs Via Community Resources: Lessons From Accountable Health Communities. Health Aff (Millwood), 2023;42(6):832-840.
- Jester DJ, Kohn JN, Tibiriçá L, et al. Differences in Social Determinants of Health Underlie Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Psychological Health and Well-Being: Study of 11,143 Older Adults. Am J Psychiatry. 2023;180(7):483-494.
Disclosure statements are available on the authors' profiles: